Everyone loves a good banana bread recipe and this one is sure to satisfy! It’s moist and fluffy and tastes delicious (with the added satisfaction of being healthy)!
2 cups of atta wholemeal flour (buy from your local Indian or Middle-Eastern store)
1 tsp of baking soda
½ tsp of cinnamon
½ tsp of sea salt
3 ripe spotty bananas, peeled
1/3 – 1/2 cup of raw sugar or honey
1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil or extra virgin macadamia oil
1/3 cup of Vitasoy Calci-Plus soy milk or almond milk
1 tsp of vanilla essence
2 eggs from happy chickens (or 2 linseed eggs if desired*)
Handful of walnut halves or hemp seeds to decorate
- Start preheating your oven to 160 degrees Celcius.
- Prepare your loaf tin by lightly greasing the sides with some olive oil.
- Sift the atta flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add the salt.
- In another bowl, mash your bananas with a fork and whisk through the sugar, olive oil, soy milk, vanilla, and eggs.
- Slowly poor the wet mixture into the dry, while mixing continuously.
- Pour mixture into loaf tin, place walnut halves in a desired pattern on the top or sprinkle with some hemp seeds, and bake in oven for 65-70 minutes.
Note: This banana bread tastes even more delicious the day after baking (if it’s able to last that long!) 😉
Enjoy! And please comment below and let us know what you think!
* To make your linseed eggs, take 1 Tablespoon ground linseed and mix with 3 Tablespoons of warm water (this equals 1 egg, so for this recipe be sure to make double this amount). Allow to sit for 5 minutes (you’ll notice that it will become thick and gel-like), and then add to recipe instead of eggs.