We LOVE simple stir-fries at Nutrition Sustain! The colour, the crunch, and the quickness of tossing some fresh veggies, a lean protein, and some Asian flavours together (especially ginger, garlic, and soy sauce), always hits the spot :).
Here’s one of the simple stir-fries that we like to toss together on a week-night.
1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil or sesame oil
1 medium onion, quartered and sliced
2 x 200 g packets of marinated tofu (love the peanut satay or chilli marinade)
2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
1 thumb size piece of ginger, grated or chopped finely
2 carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
¼ cauliflower, cut into florets
8-10 baby brussel sprouts, halved or quartered
1 bunch of coriander, chopped
2 bunches of broccolini, sliced lengthways and halved
60 mL (¼ cup) of soy sauce or tamari sauce
- Add olive or sesame oil to your wok and turn gas stove to high heat.
- Add onions and stir continuously with wooden spoon.
- Once onions have started to become soft, add garlic, ginger, and tofu, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add carrots, cauliflower, and brussel sprouts, and add half of your soy sauce, and stir through.
- Lastly, add broccolini, coriander, and the remaining soy sauce.
- Continue to stir-fry for 3 minutes until tender crisp (we love stir-fries with a crunch!).
- Have a quick taste of one of your veggies, and if your stir-fry needs more flavour, add a little more soy or tamari sauce.
- Serve with cooked basmati rice, barley, or brown rice noodles.