Everyone loves a good banana choc chip muffin recipe and this one is sure to satisfy! It’s moist and fluffy and taste delicious!
They’re so easy to make and are a great healthy snack to have before and during pregnancy! They freeze well too.
2 cups of wholemeal flour
1 tsp of baking soda
½ tsp of cinnamon
½ tsp of sea salt
2 eggs from happy chickens (or 2 linseed eggs if desired*)
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil or extra virgin macadamia oil
1/3 cup of soy milk
1 tsp of vanilla essence
4 ripe spotty bananas, peeled and mashed
1/3 cup of dark choc chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix all dry ingredients together (flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt).
- Mix all wet ingredients together in seperate bowl (eggs, brown sugar, olive oil, soy milk, vanilla essence, and mashed bananas).
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix through.
- Mix in dark chocolate chips.
- Place mixture into muffin pan with muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes.
* To make your linseed eggs, take 1 Tablespoon of ground linseed and mix with 3 Tablespoons of warm water (this equals 1 egg, so for this recipe be sure to make double this amount). Allow to sit for 5 minutes (you’ll notice that it will become thick and gel-like), and then add to recipe instead of eggs.